Focused on strategic marketing, influential communications, and business development, Flourish lends expertise in various areas to build a strong foundation for growth coupled with a lean approach to thinking outside the box. Based in Huntsville, AL, Flourish serves a roster of clients spanning various industries, including aerospace and defense, hospitality, telecommunications, entertainment, technology, and more. Since its founding in 2018, Flourish has become known for implementing successful marketing and promotional strategies, media relations, and public awareness campaigns for its clients.
Our portfolio of the collaborative effort includes strategic marketing, public relations, media buying, brand development, brand architecture, corporate messaging, demand generation, project management, development of media, publication, and media strategies, digital marketing, event management, and ideation & brainstorming around strategic partnerships that will foster long-term growth and market equity.
About Our Team
We work hard but also play hard, too. Work/life balance is essential, and we strive to instill greatness and positive thinking in all we do.
We strive for innovation and to become better versions of ourselves than we were prior. We are growth-minded and lead by providing value beyond what’s expected or asked of us — in any capacity we work.
We purposefully plan for success and embed a successful mindset in all we engage in. We don’t half-ass any task but are also very mindful of resources. We put our best foot forward and are proud of the company we represent.
Creative Specialist at Flourish — Expectations & Requirements
The Creative Specialist will be based in Huntsville, AL, and is responsible for supporting design efforts for several client accounts and will take part heavily in team collaboration. A Creative Specialist at Flourish is a natural leader, strong communicator, and detail-oriented project manager. Our ideal candidate is a multitasker able to work quickly, is always up for a challenge, can adapt to a changing environment, and leads with the utmost integrity.
In addition, you’ll be working on various client projects through various programs to develop innovative designs to meet client goals. You’ll collaborate closely with account teams to ensure design projects meet client needs and brand expectations, express ideas accurately and represent the client best. This position will report to the Art Director.
We are looking for someone who:
- Asking strategic questions and providing sound recommendations built around a client’s core objectives and growth goals can then implement those suggestions precisely.
- Leads by example and will do whatever it takes to complete great, timely work for our clients.
- Solves problems and takes pride in researching and evaluating the best options before presenting them to our clients. We’re looking for a resourceful and independent candidate eager to expand their own skill set when necessary.
- Cares about their fellow teammates and strives to create and maintain a culture of encouragement.
- Challenges the status quo and works to become a better version of themselves than they were the day prior.
- Has exceptional creativity and innovative design skills and is a strong communicator.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with account teams to strategize and design materials to meet client needs.
- Anticipating clients’ needs for materials and designs is needed on many projects, developing concepts and executing original content.
- Working knowledge of design principles is required to recommend needs in design based on color, font style, imagery, and layout.
- Know the difference in setting up and exporting layouts for print or digital use and have a basic knowledge of various color models.
- Managing design and uploading processes for materials for organization and storage, as well as meeting the needs of clients and printers.
- Working with Account Teams to develop brochures, rack cards, business cards, social media graphics, and other marketing collateral that may arise.
- Mastery of industry-standard software (Adobe Creative Cloud); primary tools include Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop.
- The ability to communicate the reasoning behind design choices.
- A compelling portfolio with projects showcasing skills relevant to your business’s visual content goals.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Good time management, organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
This position will be a touchpoint for every client with Flourish, so strong communication and organization skills are a must. In addition, working with each account requires the ability to take direction verbally and written, and the skill/expertise to convert that into deliverables for the client. With that said, the capacity to take constructive criticism and implement that into your work is imperative.
In addition, we are seeking a candidate who holds themselves to a high-quality standard in how they present themselves and the level of work they produce. We expect our employees to use their time efficiently and resourcefully. Consistent and continued high performance will be rewarded with increased compensation or other equally agreed-upon benefits.
We have a work hard, play hard mentality and are looking for someone who is hungry for a fantastic opportunity with a growing company. With grateful hearts, we exhaust ourselves on behalf of our clients, and we are looking for a new teammate with a similar drive and work ethic to come alongside us in our efforts.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, a flexible work environment, and more.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated based on skillset.