Focused on strategic marketing, influential communications, and business development, Flourish lends expertise in a variety of areas to build a strong foundation for growth coupled with a lean approach to thinking outside of the box. Based in Huntsville, AL, Flourish serves a roster of clients spanning various industries, including aerospace and defense, real estate, telecommunications, cybersecurity, logistics, entertainment, technology, and more. Since its founding in 2018, Flourish has become known for implementing successful marketing and promotional strategies, media relations, and public awareness campaigns for its clients.
Our portfolio of the collaborative effort includes strategic marketing, public relations, media buying, brand development, brand architecture, corporate messaging, demand generation, project management, development of media, publication, and media strategies; digital marketing, event management, and ideation & brainstorming around strategic partnerships that will foster long-term growth and market equity.
About Our Team
We work hard, but also play hard, too. Work/life balance is essential to us, and we strive to instill greatness and positive thinking in all we do.
We strive for innovation and to become better versions of ourselves than we were prior. We are growth-minded and lead by providing value beyond what’s expected or asked of us — in any capacity we work.
We purposefully plan for success and embed a successful mindset in all we engage in. We don’t half-ass any task, but are also very mindful of resources. We put our best foot forward and are proud of the company we represent.
Media Specialist at Flourish — Expectations & Requirements
The Media Specialist, based in Huntsville, AL, will be responsible for supporting clients’ public relations and media engagement opportunities. This role works closely with the Account Leads (including Account Managers, Junior Account Managers, Account Coordinators, and leadership staff, where applicable) to collaborate with the team on media-related opportunities that will benefit our client activity. A Media Specialist at Flourish is a natural leader, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, and thinking outside the box when determining the best solution to our client’s public relations and media needs. Our ideal candidate is a multitasker able to work at a swift pace and one that brings great value to our team members to help strengthen our overall public relations and media effort.
An ideal Media Specialist at Flourish is one who:
- Asks strategic questions and provides sound recommendations built around a client’s core objectives and growth goals, then can implement those suggestions with precision.
- Leads by example and will do whatever it takes to complete great, timely work on behalf of our clients. As a small firm, we all work together to strategically plan and tactically complete projects for our clients. Regardless of experience level or tenure with the company, no task is beneath any member of the Flourish team.
- Solves problems and takes pride in researching and evaluating the best options before presenting them to our clients. We’re looking for a resourceful and independent candidate eager to expand their skillset when necessary.
- Cares about their fellow teammates and strives to create and maintain a culture of encouragement. Flourish team members not only work to be successful themselves, but they also root for the success of their coworkers and the company as a whole.
- Challenges the status quo and works to become a better version of themselves than they were the day prior. Flourish values continued learning and professional development, and Media Specialists should seek opportunities to grow within their position.
In addition to the above mindset, the following criteria are required to be considered for the Media Specialist position:
- Minimum five (5) years experience working in a media, public relations or external communications role
- Marketing agency experience preferred
- Strong writing skills, which must be demonstrated during the hiring process. This includes the ability to draft press releases, media pitches, blog posts, and other marketing content.
- Ability to develop and manage small to medium-sized public relations and communications campaigns, including skills in project management, critical thinking, content strategy development, problem-solving, and team oversight.
- This process will include the research and development of strategic plans, collaborative discussion with both the Account Lead and client to ensure the strategic plan has been approved, execution of the said plan, follow-up where appropriate, and thorough follow-through to report back on the client return on investment.
No outside travel of the Huntsville/Madison area is expected at the time of this job posting.
In addition, we are seeking a candidate who holds themselves to a high standard of quality in the way they present themselves and the work they produce. We expect our employees to use their time efficiently and resourcefully. Consistent and continued high performance will be rewarded with increased compensation or other equally agreed-upon benefits.
We have a work hard, play hard mentality and are looking for someone hungry for an amazing opportunity with a growing company. With grateful hearts, we exhaust ourselves on behalf of our clients, and we are looking for a new teammate with a similar drive and work ethic to come alongside us in our efforts.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including 100 % paid health, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) matching program, a flexible work environment, mileage and cell phone reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave and more.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated based on skillset.