Account Manager at Flourish — Expectations & Requirements
Focused on strategic marketing, influential communications, and business development, Flourish lends expertise in a variety of areas to build a strong foundation for growth coupled with a lean approach to thinking outside of the box. Based in Huntsville, AL, Flourish serves a roster of clients spanning a variety of industries, including aerospace and defense, hospitality, telecommunications, entertainment, technology, and more. Since its founding in 2018, Flourish has become known for implementing successful marketing and promotional strategies, media relations, and public awareness campaigns for its clients.
Our portfolio of the collaborative effort includes strategic marketing, public relations, media buying, brand development, brand architecture, corporate messaging, demand generation, project management, development of media, publication, and media strategies; digital marketing, event management, and ideation & brainstorming around strategic partnerships that will foster long-term growth and market equity.
About Our Team
We work hard but also play hard, too. Work/life balance is essential, and we strive to instill greatness and positive thinking in all we do.
We strive for innovation and to become better versions of ourselves than we were prior. We are growth-minded and lead by providing value beyond what’s expected or asked of us — in any capacity we work.
We purposefully plan for success and embed a successful mindset in all we engage in. We don’t half-ass any task but are also very mindful of resources. We put our best foot forward and are proud of the company we represent.
Account Manager at Flourish — Expectations & Requirements
The Account Manager will be based in Huntsville, AL, and is responsible for managing client relations for several accounts and will lead efforts for team collaboration. An Account Manager at Flourish is a natural leader, strong communicator, and detail-oriented project manager. Our ideal candidate is a multitasker able to work at a swift pace, is always up for a challenge, is able to adapt to a changing environment, and leads with the utmost integrity.
Flourish seeks an Account Manager who:
- Develops full marketing strategies consistently asks strategic questions, and provides recommendations built around a client’s core objectives and growth goals.
- Positively leads, trains, and mentors a team of Marketing Associates in any capacity.
- Reviews, edits, and provides recommendations on copy, graphics, blogs, etc., for the team and final approval.
- Has the ability to tactfully execute marketing strategies, and research the competitive landscape on behalf of our clients.
- Pays attention to analytics and progress of the strategy and/or marketing campaign.
- Reviews current strategies for weaknesses, identifies new opportunities and develops solutions within budget constraints.
- Knows how to prioritize tasks, and meeting multiple deadlines in a timely manner.
- Manages cross functional teams effectively and oversees each phase of a strategy to ensure team meets deadlines.
- Evaluates marketing campaigns for effectiveness, pivoting and adapting efficiently through industry changes and unexpected road blocks.
- Meet with clients to establish project scope and budget, evaluating the best options for their needs.
- Comfortable with presenting to teams, clients, and prospective clients through workshops, strategy briefs, and more.
- Develop strong relationships with clients through clear and honest communication tactics.
- Is resourceful, independent, and always eager to expand their own skillset.
- Maintains a high-level quality of professionalism and service.
- Focuses on profitability within client work and can identify where efficiencies can be implemented.
- Manages client billable hours with regular reporting and recommendations to ensure maximum profitability.
- Regular reporting and accountability to the Client that’s focused around client achievements, success, return on investment, digital strategy outcomes and more.
- Regularly monitors the competitive landscape for within the client industry, providing recommendations and new ideas.
In addition to the above, the following criteria are required to be considered for the Account Manager position:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a strategic marketing or communications role
- Marketing agency experience preferred
- Strong writing skills, which must be demonstrated during the hiring process. This includes the ability to draft press releases, media pitches, blog posts, and other marketing content
- Graphic design skills and the ability to create brochures, rack cards, business cards, social media graphics and other marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or other design tools
- Experience analyzing data metrics to refine social strategies on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and how to leverage SEO to enhance a brands’ online presence
- Ability to manage small to medium-sized marketing campaigns, including skills in project management, critical thinking, content strategy development, creative design, and problem-solving, and team oversight
- Working knowledge of email marketing tools and automated campaigns on various platforms including but not limited to MailChimp, Constant Contact and MailerLite
- Working knowledge of Web CMS platforms, including Wix, SquareSpace, and WordPress
No outside travel of the Huntsville/Madison area is expected at this time.
In addition, we are seeking a candidate who holds themselves to a high standard of quality in the way they present themselves and the work they produce. We expect our employees to use their time efficiently and resourcefully. Consistent and continued high performance will be rewarded with increased compensation or other equally agreed-upon benefits.
We have a work hard, play hard mentality and are looking for someone who is hungry for an amazing opportunity with a growing company. With grateful hearts, we exhaust ourselves on behalf of our clients, and we are looking for a new teammate with a similar drive and work ethic to come alongside us in our efforts.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, maternity and paternity leave, a flexible work environment, and more.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated based on skillset.