As we approached the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing, there was a lot of buzz around Huntsville, which played a major role in sending man to the moon. Local area music promoter and supporter of all things awesome, Listen Local, was interested in celebrating this major milestone by hosting a music competition that was inspired by the moon landing. Initially, Listen Local attempted to fundraise for their efforts but fell short of their goal of $10K. They decided to lean on local area resources to help – which is where Flourish (among many other partners) came in. Listen Local’s goal was to garner submissions from across the country, select a winner and celebrate that artist through event promotion, financial gain and nationwide publicity.
Flourish worked with the Listen Local team to develop a strategic public relations and engagement strategy, which focused on the following goals:
- Promote the music contest through digital and traditional media with the intent of getting at least 200 submissions;
- Bring value to our sponsors through heavy media recognition and
- Build Listen Local’s brand and market share within the North Alabama music community
As part of our effort, we helped yield 278 submissions from 13 countries by implementing a heavy digital media strategy, an email nurturing campaign and nationwide media engagement. Results included:
- 26M+ impressions worldwide via traditional and social media
- Publicity efforts resulted in more than 25 national media pickups with an estimated AVE (Advertising Value Equivalency) of $244K
This event was an overwhelming success and fuelled with excitement from start to finish.
- Media Relations & Engagement
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Digital Advertising
- Event Logistics
- Media Training
- Video Production