The marketing world is in a state of continual evolution as technology and consumer trends change. New, emerging marketing trends are no exception, so let’s dive into what to expect for next year.
With Google ending third-party cookies in Chrome in 2024 and browsers such as Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge actively working to increase user privacy, digital marketers will need to find new ways to deliver personalized experiences and to ensure the consistent flow of data downstream. There are plenty of trending options out there to keep your messaging fresh and relevant as trends shift to accommodate new technology and buyer behavior.
10 Trends to Watch in 2023:
- Influencer marketing is becoming increasingly important as a common marketing tactic, with long-term influencer-brand relationships guiding messaging.
- Short videos and podcasts will become more prominent because they can capture viewers’ attention for a longer amount of time than static posts. TikToks and Instagram reels drive engagement and increase brand awareness among millennials and Gen Z. Episodes are the next big thing!
- User-generated content such as unboxing videos, reviews, branded hashtags, and photo tags are the new word-of-mouth.
- Storytelling, both human and data-driven, engages customers by focusing on the why through intentional content.
- Intelligent, interactive content such as AI, VR/AR, chatbots, assessments, and interactive maps and videos both customize the user experience and gather marketing data. Chatbots are the fastest-growing brand communication channel. In addition, VR and AR can help customers to develop a personal connection to a product by visualizing it in their space.
- Increased focus on corporate responsibility and reputation are becoming the norm. Many brands are moving toward more sustainable practices to reduce their impact on the environment. In addition, social responsibility is becoming increasingly important to consumers. It’s now expected that corporations will actively fight injustice and support the causes they believe in with more than just words posted on social media.
- Sharing Insights from thought leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) helps to establish businesses’ reputations as valuable sources of information and expertise, allowing them to stand out within their field.
- Email marketing newsletters will remain critical for brand promotion, allowing companies to push their message directly to consumers who opt-in while enabling them to control the messaging.
- Mobile optimization of company websites will make them more accessible on the go, with improved user experience (UX) across platforms.
- Incorporation of the Internet of Things (IoT)–voice search SEO tactics can harness Alexa, Siri, and Google to leverage brand names.
Customers now expect not only instant gratification but also personalized, tailored experiences as they interact with brands online. Digital marketing tools can take your business to the next level, but it’s important to keep in mind that the quality and placement of the messaging should take center stage.
The most constructive approach is to seek out professional digital marketing experts that focus on the most effective, innovative techniques and the latest marketing trends to help increase awareness of your brand on the public stage, whether it be local, national, or global.
If you need help incorporating some or all of these into your 2023 strategy, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for an assessment. We’d be happy to help!