United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville & Tennessee Valley (UCP Huntsville) works hard year-round to provide necessary services to residents of Huntsville and the Tennessee Valley. UCP Huntsville’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities and promote their independence, self-sufficiency and full citizenship in the community through direct services, assistive technology, education, training, and advocacy.
UCP Huntsville offers a multitude of services to our community beyond what you might think, some of the services offered by UCP include:
- Caregiver Support: Statewide respite funds, resources, education, public awareness and advocacy for caregivers of individuals with special needs including developmental and physical disabilities or chronic illnesses related to health concerns
- Childcare Provider Training: Free onsite training, consultation and technical assistance for childcare providers statewide to support the inclusion of all children
- Family Support: Parent support, education, social connections and activities; free and open to any parent, grandparents, or other caregivers of children with special needs
- Therapy: Physical, occupational and speech evaluation and therapy for infants, children, adolescents, and teenagers
- Early Intervention: Resources, family support and services for children, birth to age three, who have been identified as having developmental delays
- Workshops: Free trainings, seminars and simulation workshops offered to associations, agencies and businesses on subjects relating to disabilities and caregiving
Many nonprofits, like UCP Huntsville, rely on fundraising events to gain funding to provide their services at no cost to their communities. With COVID-19, many of their events had to be cancelled this year. That’s why the team at UCP Huntsville decided to create their first ever Flipping for the Future Fundraiser where they challenged local businesses to flip Barbie DreamHomes.
The flipped houses are on display in various places in Downtown Huntsville. All of the beautifully flipped homes are available for auction, here. You can also visit UCP’s website to vote for your favorite home.
We would love for you to take a little time out of your day today and learn more about United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville & Tennessee Valley.